Friday, November 30, 2007

Thanksgiving in Vegas






3 nights at the Hilton I imagined would be dreamy. They weren't dreamy; they were rather nightmarish. Well, that's a lie…I take it back. It was lot of fun, there were just a few set-backs. For instance, on the first night, our toilet over-flowed and the Hilton Handy Man was in our room until 1:00 am fixing it....seriously, do you call that vacationing???? Then we had a clogged sink for 3 days, YUCK! When the handy man came to fix that problem he brought this gadget called a snake. He used the snake to maneuver his way down the pipe and find the hold up. Well, the snake did maneuver around, but it didn’t get the job done. All it did is the leave the sink with murky, revolting, recycled water!
While waiting for the handyman to come fix our sink on our last night there, my mom, sister and I played games in the hallway. We were having quite a good time! We were giggling like little school girls. My mom was so proud of herself and at one point that she was doing a victory dance, you know that motion where you put your hands in fists close together and move them in a circular motion? It was hilarious! Then the Mr. Hilton security guy came along to burst our excitement, you can call him Barry if you want…because that’s what I did when he was so very rude to my mother! I think he may have thought we were teenage girls at first, because of our laughter and merry time, but I think as he approached he realized that we were all adults! Hehe! He told us that we were blocking traffic (we had seen one Hilton guest pass us in our 2 hour playing time.) He proceeded to tell us that “because I’ve seen you in the hallway, you’ll have to leave now.” My mom was amphed (not really, she was annoyed about their hotel service, normally she is really quite sweet and funny)! She told him about our horrible stay at the Hilton. (the Hilton was not our first choice hotel, we stayed there because that is where Aaron and Ryan’s (my little brothers, or rather younger brothers football team was staying.) To make a long story short (perhaps I’m not very good at that), Barry told my mom it was only common sense to get a room change, duh! Then my dad gave the manager a piece of his mind, still no room change…an hour later we took pictures of our disgusting sink, then my mom and I went down and gave the manager a piece of our minds and wala, we got a room change!
Aaron and Ryan won both games in the tournament! They’re champions! We had an awesome Thanksgiving dinner at “The Buffet” with my Grandpa Bob and Grandma Josephine. We also had a good time at “New York New York,” riding the twisty roller-coaster! Well that about sums up the trip….there are a hundreds of other stories, but because I can’t possibly write them all down, you’ll have to ask me for details! Idea’s for questions to ask me….What was Aaron and your mom’s crowded elevator like? What did you do when you were bored with your mom and sister, besides play games? What movie did you see in Vegas? How was your experience at “In and Out Burger?” Have you ever met a flamboyant man before? What time did you get home on Sunday?

1 comment:

JRome said...

I'm not a big fan of the strip in Vegas. My cousin and I went there with his friends during New Years Eve many years ago and I almost got trampled by folks who've had too much egg nog with their alcohol.

I also couldn't handle the cigarette smell in the hotels and restaurants I went to.

It aint much like the glitzy, glamorous picture movies or tv shows at times.

Funny thing is, I've been there more than I really wanted to.

Glad to hear you had a humorous experience though.

For online albums, try: FLIKR, Shutterfly, or type in Online Album on a search engine and you'll find some good ones.

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.