Friday, October 16, 2009

HaPpY, ConTEnT, GrAteFuL

Why is it that we are never happy with our bodies?? I just don't get it...my skinny friends and chubby friends alike, we're just never happy. Now that I've finally kicked my butt back into gear to loose some weight...I'm back to my college weight!! Woot! Woot! I feel so good and so happy and even content. In college I felt, chunky, or as my brother would say it "she's just a little bit chunky." It's funny to be the same weight but to have a completely different mindset about it. It sucks how the weight sneaks up on you.... Needless to say, I think I need to start looking at things from another perspective, instead of thinking "wow, I've got some weight to loose" I should really think, "wow, I'm so glad that I'm not 20 lbs heavier!"

As some of you know, I went 50 days without eating out, hooray. To celebrate making it 50 days, my friend Elissa took me out to dinner at Applebee's where I could still eat some healthy, good food! I ordered the 4 oz steak and salad. They have this amazing low-fat dressing! I want to steal the bottle or their recipe!! Elissa has been one of my biggest cheer leaders, I am so grateful for her!!!

I also treated myself to a pedicure for reaching 40 lbs of weight loss this year! Can you believe it? I'm actually a little embarrassed to post about it, but it's not like you couldn't tell that I had a little junk in my trunk, haha. I still have some work to do, but again, I'm happy at where I am. It feels so good!!! I never want to be ungrateful again!! When I get to my goal weight I am going Ski-diving, so if anyone else wants to join, I'll keep ya posted!!

Here's a pic Niki took just for kicks, we'll call this my "half-way to goal" pic:).

6 comments:

The Yarbrough Clan said...

You're awesom Tiffany! You loook so great!!

Milmonster said...

Whot Whot! You go girl, you look fabulous!

Alanna said...

I am so proud of you! That is awesome!!!!!! I loved skydiving this summer and would love to come watch you jump! I'd do it again if it wasn't so costly. :)

You look so happy!!! :) Thanks for being an inspiration

Aubrey said...

you look amazing!

Queen of Kings said...

You look AMAZING!!!! And you should treat yourself in little ways thats a big accomplishment! You Go GIRL! Your inspiring!

Anonymous said...

hot mama!! looking good! WAY TO GO.

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.