Saturday, April 26, 2008

Goodbye Jordan...

I wrote this letter a little while back...it was so hard for me to type each word...it was especially hard to sign the hard copy! I love teaching at my school. I love my principal, my fellow teacher friends, my students, and boy have a learned a lot!

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to inform you that I am resigning from my position as an educator for Jordan School District, effective July 2, 2008.

Thank you for the opportunities for professional and personal development that you have provided me during the last three years.

I have enjoyed working for the district and appreciate the support provided me during my time with the district. If the opportunity presented itself, I'd like to return.

If I can be of any help during this transition, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Tiffany


I've decided to move to a school near where I live because of the commute and the price of gas these days! I am currently commuting 35 minutes one way right now. It's ridiculous...and man has my wallet noticed the past couple of months!

There are a few other benefits to moving to the district I live in. I will be teaching at a traditional school, which means, SUMMERS OFF! Although, honestly I think I like year around better because of the breaks and the traveling... The even better part of being traditional is that I won't have to rotate classrooms every 9 weeks! Hallelujah! Man, that alone is enough to move schools! I will actually have my very own classroom, no more packing up and taking down, putting up bulletin boards and cleaning out desks, then finding those odds and ends every move. However, moving every 9 weeks has kept me very organized and keeps me pretty level headed about what I need to keep around and what I can do without:). Another benefit of moving is that I'll get paid more and the insurance for my new district is much cheaper. There are a lot of pros and cons and I could go on forever, but yep, there you have it! I'm changing districts!

Oh, how could I forget, I am going to be teaching 3rd grade! I know I will already love my principal because he taught in Jordan for years and I he did his internship at my school.

Boy, I've decided that I love change! I've now taught fifth grade (student teaching), Kindergarten, Second Grade, and now THIRD! I have some studying to do...I need to get up to par on my cursive skills, the phases of the moon, multiplication, South America, oh sheesh, there is just so much...I better stop blogging and get studying! My new school is adopting a new reading program and a new math program. I'm glad that I won't be the only one learning a new curriculum!

2 comments:

Emily Ann said...

how exciting!
change is hard, but it is good.

Natalie Redd said...

I have no comment to this post.

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.