Friday, June 27, 2008

7-11 Guy...Friendly or Creepy?

If you've been following my blog you will know that I like 7-11 and I especially love Diet Dr. Pepper Fountain drinks! I've been trying to cut back so I haven't been going as regularly...however, I needed one TODAY! I went to the one where I'm a very welcomed customer. I feel slightly guilty that they recognize me and like to have small talk. The last time I went there, the old guy (mid fifties maybe...) who is always friendly said that my hair looked really nice with the colors I was wearing. It made me feel good and I appreciated the compliment, I thought nothing of it.
TODAY was a little different...as I was getting my drink he was stalking the cupboard near me. He looked at me as said "YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL." In a very sincere, heartfelt tone. I just smiled and said "you are too kind.." in a hesitant tone. No guy has ever, I mean ever said that to me, so I'm not gonna lie, it was sweet and I appreciated the compliment. But THEN, he gave me a hug and did the whole linger longer rub the back thing. I just sorta laughed it off, not knowing what to do. I couldn't decide if he was just being kind, trying to build my self-confidence, or trying to put the moves on me. I concluded that he was just being friendly, no need to over analyze the hug...but THEN... he said "if I was your student I'd go crazy," as he raised both hands in the air shaking them as to represent he wouldn't be able to concentrate in my class because of my "beauty." So that last part is what makes this all seem a little weird to me...he is always overly friendly, kind, excited to see me...but I just figured I was becoming a regular...hmmm what do you all think? Should I continue going to my favorite 7-11 or is it time to switch it up? Friendly or Creepy? I seriously want your opinion! What am I to do without my Diet Dr. Pepper?

18 comments:

Nettie Martin said...

CREEPY. . . Hands Down!

Emily Ann said...

I would say he is in his fifties, and you don't need to worry about him, keep going to your favorite 7-11 but don't let him touch you no more!

Brett & Dyana Valdez said...

CREEPY...time to switch it up.

Katey said...

Creepy...good thing you are changing schools and you don't have to go there anymore after next week!

Aubrey said...

CREEPY for sure. Lucky for you there are 7-11s everywhere. Time to switch it up or I can always bring you a 2 liter.

Anonymous said...

creepy...hands down
Alanna

Niki said...

I have to say creepy.. we went to that 7-11 and I think he is creepy...

The Koenigs said...

oh my!! CREEPY! I suggest you NEVER go back there and get your diet dr pepper from Wal Mart or something like that...YIKES!

Tiffany said...

Thanks for all you advice friends! The more I think about it the more creeped out I get...his voice and the way he looked at me confirm a strong CREEPY! I just didn't want to be stupid about it. Niki and I went there on Saturday and I got the vibe that I don't want to go there EVER again! Oh, and Katey...he works on the 7-11 right by our house, so watch out!

Anonymous said...

At first I thought I caught the teacher with a typo (stalking the cupboard instead of stocking) but as I read on, I'd have to say you spelled it just right. I think he was pretty creepy the whole way through. Time to find a new vice...

Tiffany said...

Nice work! 100% for "that guy!" Very clever!

I'm afraid I'm not perfect, shucks! Did you know that you found a homonym? =)

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsea Ellingson said...

Hey! I just checked my old blog and noticed that you posted on it forever ago- just letting you know we have a new blog now: cellingson.blogspot.com. I'll add you to mine now too so I can keep up with your life a little better. By the way, CREEPY!
Find a different 7-11, I say. No need to give up the Dr. Pepper. :-)

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

agree with everybody, creepy to the max!! I say change up the 7-11 locale for awhile too. Ick! Or else, have your dad go in with you next time, let the employee try putting the moves on you then and live to tell about it.

Tiffany said...

Ha! Liz, that's a great idea! Although, I failed to mention this little incident to my dad...I'm afraid of what he might do, lol! My mom has forbidden me to go there ever again.

Anonymous said...

Very, Very creepy!! Give me the address so I can go kick his butt!!What 50 something guy says stuff like that to a very young woman? Let alone give a complete stranger a hug?! Crreeppyy!!!!! Love, Mom

JRome said...

The most important thing one needs to do to stop any potential sexual harrassment or assault, is to tell him or her straight up that you don't like being "touched" in the manner you find offensive. Communicate your very clear limits and boundaries as to avoid any misunderstanding.

Communicate to your 7-11 guy how you feel. The worst thing you can do is to avoid the situation all together and ignore how it made you feel.

Perhaps he didn't see anything wrong with what he did, maybe he was just being friendly (albeit inappropriately as it may seems).

When the situation is fully ascertain, then proper actions can be taken.

Before the authorities can take any action, there must be sufficient evidence. So if you've told him your limits and he still doesn't stop, tell him you'll report him to the proper authorities. At least you can have proof that you've warned him.

Or you can take my recommendations below:

If you let him know that you don't like his "hands on" approach, then perhaps he'll stop. If he still tries, remind him again to stop and kick him in the groin.

If a female tries to "touch" you in an inappropriate manner, same thing except if she still continues--punch her on the face.

Then report them to the proper authorities.

At least that's what I told my Airmen:)

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.