Monday, June 9, 2008

Panic...duck and cover...

An immediate heart attack red covered my face when I realized...THAT MY SKIRT HAD FALLEN TO THE GROUND! Yesterday after Relief Society, I stood up, looked down and panicked at the devastating thoughts rushing through my mind when I realized that my skirt had fallen off! Apparently the string that I tie to keep my skirt attached wasn't pulled tight enough and had made it slip down! Luckily I was wearing a black slip and only one or two people seemed to notice. A friend in the ward sitting next to me kind of covered one side of me as I panicked and got down in a squatting position to readjust myself. I tell you, you're never too old for embarrassing moments...I'm beginning to wonder if this is just the beginning of them...

5 comments:

The Coopers said...

That is too funny! I had my slip fall off under my skirt when I was on my mission knocking a door. Luckly the person at the door didnt notice my slip around my ankles so I just kicked it up behind my back into my hand and shoved it into my bag. Ah, the memories :)

Natalie Redd said...

That's great! Good thing you had a slip on! Most girls don't wear one these days.

Nettie Martin said...

OKAY!!!! This is so funny because I had the exact same thing happen to me when I was 16. I tell it as my most embarrassing moment story =) Was it a wrap around skirt? After this happened I vowed to never wear one again. I wasn't so lucky- mine dropped at church right in front of all the boys my age. LOTS of people noticed =)

Ixchelle said...

I've heard there are many embarrassing things to come with kids... yikes!

Milmonster said...

I miss Relief Society with you!

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.