Friday, October 3, 2008

Sick and Sick SOAP BOX

I am both literally and figuratively sick! I don't want anyone to think that I'm one of those annoying complainers...but please can I stand on my soap box for just one more blog post and complain? Just one more....

Here goes...

So this week started out kind of rough loosing my keys and feeling a little sick...the sickness got worse, even some of my students told me I should go home (maybe they were just sick of me, he he!)). I haven't been going to my walking club all week because I've been so sick...so I'm sure the weight loss thing isn't going so hot and I don't dare to weigh myself!

On Wednesday I witnessed something I never want to see again and had to call the police, without going into detail, it was really hard and is going to continue to be something that is frustrating to deal with... (nothing to do with my family or friends).

Then today, being the sickly girl that I am, I got sorta frustrated with a friend... Another thing I won't go into detail with, but man, sometimes people are so selfish! Sometimes I just want to crawl into a hole or just be with kids all day:).

On a brighter note, IT'S CONFERENCE WEEKEND! We get to hear the voice of a prophet this weekend and learn what the Lord wants us to do! YAY! I can't wait, I need a little direction right now:).

Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for reading my soapbox!

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Tiffany, you're amazing! Way to stand up for people, and hang in there, things will get better! And I'm so excited for conference weekend too, it's always so uplifting. Love ya!

Natalie Redd said...

Maybe I need to come over and give you the "Pull Yourself Together" act so it will cheer you up!! I know you remember and you know what I'm talking about. . . up the hill and down the hill . . .

Tiffany said...

I definately need an up the hill and down the hill sort of a pick me up today! I started laughing when I read that! Oh my gosh that was the funniest day ever at foothills, that and the dunk tank!

Katey said...

I'm so sorry Tiff. I know those things have been hard and then toss some good old sick on top of it...no good!!!

YAY for conference. Let's get together soon. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you!!!

Love ya! :)

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

I'm totally with you on just wanting to be with kids. I feel like that a lot. Sometimes you just can't be yourself, or you want to forget adult things, or you want someone to love your ideas, etc. Children fill a lot of voids in my life!

JRome said...

Isn't it amazing that despite of all the frustrations or negative experiences, Conference is always timely?

I needed to hear the words in Conference. Even if it was just for the weekend, it was a time when I could just take a breath of fresh air and renewed enthusiasm especially with my own "tight squeezes" of experiences.

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.