Sunday, December 21, 2008

Finley Family Christmas Letter

Merry Christmas

2008

Written by, My MOM

Another year has come and gone already!! It has been a lot of fun getting cards and letters in the mail, catching up on all our friends and family. We love the pictures, it is amazing how big the kids are getting!


Tiffany has been busy this year. She is now teaching 3rd grade in a new school district and is loving it. She also earned her Master’s degree in July. And has been taking several trips, some include New York, Chicago, Disneyland, and a road trip to Wisconsin.

Leslee is still working hard at UVU. Can’t really say she is loving it, but she is trying hard to finish up by 2010 with a bachelor’s degree in Business Management. She is still working at Ogio International. Leslee went on her first river run experience this summer in Jackson Hole Wyoming, she had so much fun that she wants to take the family next summer.


Elder Finley is still serving a mission in Brazil. He has been out for 19 long months. He is due home June 3rd. He is currently serving in a town called Guabriaba. He has been busy this year as a Senior companion, District Leader, Trainer and Zone Leader and as 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric.

Aaron just turned 17 and has 3 things on his mind girls, cars and cars. He was lucky enough to survive his first accident where he totaled his car. He is a junior this year and is working hard at school but can’t say he loves it! He works part time at Larry H. Miller.

Ryan had a great season playing football. He is attending Jordan High school, he wanted to have some space from Aaron who is at Alta. He really likes it and is now wrestling for Jordan High.

Jeff has a new dog named Cache. Jeff has been busy training him and earned his junior hunt test title in May and they are now working on his senior title, with the help of Ryan. He still is with State Farm and he loves being back in Utah where the hunting is good.

I have been busy taking care of the family. I had the opportunity to see all my family but 1 brother this year. I went on a 2 week road trip with my Dad, step mom and sister Pat. We started in Florida and had a nice visit with my brother Steve and his wife Iryna. Then we headed up to Wisconsin and on over to Utah. The girls and I also went on a 5 day road trip to California. It is so much fun to travel with older kids!

We hope this Christmas season finds you happy and healthy. Thank you for your Christmas cards and visits. We have made so many great friends and are grateful you keep in touch. May God bless each of you this coming year with health, love, and peace.

Love,

The Finley’s

Jeff, Dixie, Tiffany, Leslee, Elder Finley, Aaron and Ryan

No comments:

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.