Sunday, December 7, 2008

SuPer SaTuRDaY!

I had a busy day yesterday! I signed up with the ward to go to the homeless shelter in the morning. When we arrived they were overloaded with volunteers, so we decided to go to the food bank and they had too many volunteers too! Then we decided to go to Highland Cove Assisted Living and visit the elderly people. It was so much fun! Those old people crack me up and love visitors!

Next, I came home and took a little nap...I sure needed one! I had a hard time sleeping Friday night and all week for that matter...just restless that's all, there's been so much to think about this month!

Then my sister Leslee and I went to go pick up Natalie and Kate our "adopted" nieces for a date night! The girls really wanted to go to the mall to shop, so we did! They even got to use their money! We went to Hello Kitty first, their favorite store!


Next, we went to the Festival of Trees. The girls loved the trees! I did too! I love that all of the proceeds to Primary Children's Hospital.


We needed a little snack to tie us over:). Katie bug loved the diet coke!



Natalie and Kate by their favorite trees!

Leslee and I both knew people who put trees in the festival in remembrance of a loved one who passed away, these are their trees.


The girls legs got tired so what did we do? Carry them!



Then we headed to Burger King so we could wear a princess crown! It cost $22.94 for everyone to eat! Sheesh! I'll never go out to eat when I have kids...it's so expensive! But it was worth it. It was funny because I just started eating and Leslee said to me, "aren't you going to help Natalie get her food out of the bag?" I laughed because I had forgotten I was with small children! I like to think I'm good with kids, I guess I just forget sometimes what to do... :) (Plus no matter what grade I've taught, I've taught them to do things on their own:)). Then I had to help Kate in the bathroom...it was gross because I had to help her wipe and my hand touched the water that she just peed in, SICK! Overall, it was an AWESOME time! I love those kids soooo much!

I ended the night by going to see Twilight! It was NOT what I expected. Parts of it were AWESOME...some parts were not so awesome... I liked feeling like I was reading a book again:).




Oh and tonight, Sunday, my roommates and I decorated the tree! Doesn't it look great!




Oh #2, I'm collecting plastic bags for my classroom! Yay!!!! My ward has helped sooooo much! One day after I sent out a ward/H4 email, 700 bags were left at my door! Yay! Thank you friends!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I was laughing so hard about you getting your hand "dirty"!!! that's hilarious, but it looks like you had a blast! Where was the festival? (and how much?) I would love to go!

Katey said...

I'm so glad to see that the tree is finally decorated! I'm working on the bags for you...

Emily Ann said...

oh man, you are hilarious, I can't believe you put your hand in the water, smooth.

Alanna said...

WOW! I wish that I had made it to the Festival of trees! i love that event.

Tiffany said...

Saturday was the last day for the Festival, sorry Kira!

And that water was sick!!!!!!!!!!!

Katey, thanks for the bags! I love my friends and their bags!

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.