Sunday, April 5, 2009

What is LoVe?!?!?!

According to 3rd Graders!
At the request Katey...I'm going to post some of my students thoughts on love...we did this activity clear back on Valentine's Day=). Here are just a few favorites...

Student 1: Boy

Love is sick, disgusting, vomiting ! Love makes me want to barf! Love is a battlefield. Americans versus love and well, no Americans win, yay! And I hate Valentine’s Day except for the cards and candy. But I hate the love. I like stuff that has blood and guts coming from your body. Not love and sweetness. But I especially hate Valentine’s Day.

Student 2: Girl

Love is care. And it is about families and friends. And love each other. And give candy to each other. And you love your cousins. And being sweet. And you cheer each other up. And helping each other when you are sick. And visiting your friends in the hospital and to care.

Student 3: Girl

Love is a crush. A friend. A mom. A dad. A family. You have a crush on someone who do you love. If you want a friend to be your Valentine on Valentines day. If you love your mom you might give her a box of chocolate on Valentine’s day. If you love your dad you might give him a Valentines card that to show you love your dad. If you love your brothers and you might give your brothers Valentines card too. If you love your family loves you but nobody can take your love away from you family every body parents loves you too but nobody parents can’t take away your love.

Student 4:Girl

Love is full of caring! Love is a battlefield. Love is about giving stuff to people. Example: My mom cares for me and gives me stuff. Love is when people have a crush on someone else. Love is my dad give my step mom chocolates and get stuff for each other. Love is giving my teacher what she needs like when she says be quiet, be quiet. Love is listening to our parents when they say. Love is being sweet and kind. Love is being good to sick people.

Student 5:

Love is caring for someone you love or caring for your friends and family. Love is visiting the people in a homeless shelter and going to the hospital and visiting the people in there. Love is to make love for people. Love is to show sweetness. And love gives you a great feeling. But especially love is having friends and family near you and by your side.

Student 6: Boy

Love is something no one can take away from you. If you give all your love away you can always get a refill. Love is so wonderful. If there was no love in the world, people wouldn’t be nice or say nice things. Love is the most important thing in whole wide world. Everyone has a lot of love in their heart. Love does not mean to kiss or hug. My family shows my sister and brother and me love by standing up for us. Love is to care about people and being kind or nice. If someone didn’t have love they wouldn’t love anyone. Valentines day is made to celebrate love.

Student 7: Boy

Love is care. And kind loving and a crush means you have a feeling about love. Love means caring. Loving feeling happy and happy means you feel good.

Student 8: Girl

Love is a crush. A friend. A mom. A dad. A family. You have different types of love. For my mom I have a special love for her. And I have a different love for my dad it’s not that I love another one the most it’s just different love. My brother and my dad think that they love me the most but I tell him it’s just different love. My mom and my dad have a different love for each other and our parents have a different love for their kids because it’s just different love. And I always thought that they loved my brother the most but they said different love. My mom demonstrates her love to me by cheering me up. My dad hugging me. My brothers fighting with me that’s how he give me love. My dad laying on me and that what love is about.

Student 9: Girl

Is being sweet! A mom shows love to you by making your bed, giving you lunch, buying your clothes. A dad shows love to you by…teaching you how to ride a bike, building things to help you, helping with homework. I can show love to my animals by… giving food to them and water, playing with them and giving them a place to sleep. My animals will show love to me by…cheering me up when I am sad. Being really funny. I will show love by…standing up for people. Helping people feel better. Helping little sisters do reading and homework. Giving people care, being sweet, and truthful. I love to have love all around me.

Student 10: Girl

Love is romance, kindness, standing up for each other. Love is sweet happiness and loveliness. Love is showing respect to others. Love is agreeing with others. Love is friendship. Love is being a friend. Love is someone that is kind, respectful, and a friend. Love is someone you care for. Love is a thing that you love. Loving a person means that you are a big friend to you.

PS I have a lot of girls in my class!!!! I am not trying to be bias:)!

2 comments:

jeanette said...

Wow...some of these you can make into greeting cards! You could make a killing!

Katey said...

Thanks for posting this for me!! The first one kills me! 3rd grade boys... I especially love that two kids said "love is a battlefield". Way to quote Pat Benatar! Oh how I love the innocent minds of children. It makes me smile.

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.