Thursday, September 3, 2009

The DAY that EVERYTHING went WRONG!

Haha! I ran out of time and didn't write anything after I posted this title!! So here what happened on that terrible, no good, very bad day...

I woke up to a beautiful sunrise, brushed my teeth, showered, the whole works...it was just your ordinary day. I might have been slightly sad on the inside due to the fact that my car rolled into another car the day before... And yes it was the cars fault not mine. I may or may not have been in neutral, not drive, while exiting my inclined parking spot. Don't worry, just scratches no major damage was done. I'll proceed with my day now that we've got the background info figured out. So on the beautiful Saturday, I finished preparing games to play at Elissa's bridal shower, I cleaned my room and did a little laundry. I decided I should just buy the food for the shower on the way to the shower so I didn't have to find storage for it in my fridge. An hour before the shower, I headed to Kinko's to make copies of the super awesome games for the party. Turns out Kinko's closes early on Saturday, good thing the sweet lady who worked there had pity on me and helped me out. As soon as I'm finished I run to my car so I can get to the store to buy the food... I go to my car and GUESS WHAT! It won't start!! I just sat there and laughed and possibly started singing "The Damage is Done now!" I sang that song the previous day when I rolled into that car... So who do I call? Yes daddy...he's just Mr. Handy man (Just for the reccord, I try to be Miss Independent most the time, but when car trouble is involved and a time crunch...what can say...) . He came to my rescue. He jump started my car and let me take his suburban. :). I rushed to the store and made it to the shower in time! Yeah! It turned out well!

After the shower, I drove over to my parents house to find out my car still wasn't working... it needed a new battery. So we made it a family event. Both my parents, two of my brothers and I headed for Wal-mart. We found the much needed battery and headed for home. As we merily headed down State Street between 11400 S. and 12300 S. their CAR DIED...IT WAS OUT OF GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!! My two brothers pushed the car to the gas station... can you believe it. What a day!

So really it wasn't the worst day ever, it was quite humorous really...just the irony of it all. WOW!

My mom and brothers at the gas station! Lucky for us there was a camera on hand. Don't look to closely at Aaron...he's signing "I love you..."


Dad!!! Mom's in the background telling dad not to fill up all the way because it's cheaper down the street, she's so funny. I love her!

THE PUSH!


GETTING CLOSER!

My dad and brothers installing my battery! Aren't they the best!

Thanks!
And that my friends, is the story of THE DAY THAT EVERYTHING WENT WRONG!
Thank you awesome family!

1 comment:

Milmonster said...

You're just going to leave us hanging...well, I'm thinking about you:)

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.