Wednesday, December 26, 2007

the best gift...


Yesterday my entire family gathered around the kitchen table to talk to my brother Joey who is on a mission in Brazil. We used a conference call phone that enabled everyone to hear his voice and all his updates…we were only allowed 45 minutes! All three girls in the fam were so choked up we couldn’t talk at first…that’s when you know he’s missed…Joey told us lots of great missionary experiences. He seems to be fighting some fungus on his leg, dealing with a sore of some sort on his lip, and is sweating profusely due to the extreme heat! He told us that one week his power went out and they had to wash their laundry on a washboard…I guess I shouldn’t complain about doing my laundry…all in all he’s loving it!

I loved talking to him! He’s still the same old Joey, he’s a bit more spiritual, a bit more cleanly, and he’s become quite the cook, but his humor, his laughter, and his zest for doing crazy random things has not changed! Matter of fact, he and his companion made their own Christmas tree! It’s 6 Feet tall and made out of paper, colored green with crayons.

No comments:

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.