Saturday, December 22, 2007

Get the Low-Down on the FABFIN7 "Fabulous Finley 7"



Finley Family Newletter...
Written by, Dixie Finley (my mom:))!

Merry Christmas everyone! 2007

Again here it is a week before Christmas and I am just getting a chance to sit down and write this letter.

Everyone in the Finley home is doing great. We are all healthy and doing well.

Tiffany 24, has been busy teaching 2nd grade, which she loves. She also started her masters program and should be done the end of next summer. She is our world traveler, going to Europe again, California, Colorado and Illinois.

Leslee 21, is 6 credits away from her Associate’s degree and is sick of school. She plans on continuing on to a Bachelor’s degree but is having a hard time deciding what to major in. She is leaning towards teaching. She works part time at Ogio International and is always busy studying.

Joey 19, AKA Elder Finley is serving a 2 year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Brazil. He has been gone 6 months (it feels like 6 years) and is doing great. He says he is doing great with the Portuguese language, better at speaking than writing. He loves his mission and the people of Brazil. Before he left he finished his first year at BYU and plans to continue there when he gets home.

Aaron 16, had a great year playing football. I think every part of his body was covered in bruises for 4 months. He is doing great in school. He is getting really good on the wakeboard but I think he prefers snowboarding. And the snow here in Utah has been amazing this year. His greatest accomplishment this year is completing Driver’s Ed and will be getting his license this week.


Ryan 14, played football this year too. He had a couple of amazing sacs and was known to the team as little Fin although he is only an inch or so away from catching up with me.
He seems to have mastered the kneeboard and is getting really good at snowboarding too.

Jeff is doing well. He has finished a major remodel on our house and only has one more project left and the house will be completely done. Or he could just start over!! He still works at State Farm and loves to hunt. He has taken Aaron and Ryan out several times this year. He is getting a little irritated though that the boys prefer snowboarding over hunting.

I am doing well too. I miss my oldest son terribly. The first 3 months he was gone were really tough, but it is getting easier as time goes by. I still baby-sit a few kids everyday. Jeff asked me if I was going to get a real job after Ryan graduates from high school in 3 ½ years and I told him no I’ve raised 10 kids I’m going to retire!!! But we’ll see.

We hope this Christmas Season all of you are happy and healthy. Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year, Love the Finley’s

No comments:

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.