Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Chicago Escapade!

The Highlights:



Day 1
Left work a bit early. Met dad at my apartment. Waited in the airport. Graded lots of student work. Boarded the plane. Read a book about phonics. (I know, I’m a nerdy teacher!) Landed in Chicago. Found Molly, jumped for joy! Found my bags! Found the toilet...weird toilet covers! Took a million hours to find our hotel. Wished that every state had huge mountains! Stayed up REALLY late.

Day 2
Ate at Burger King. Tried to get Molly to take a dorky picture in a Burger King Crown. Went to the Chicago Temple. Had an incredible time. Took a train down town. Thought of my European excursion. Ate Giordano’s famous stuffed pizza. Attempted to go to the top of the Hancock building. Rode the train back. Got lost several times trying to get to the hotel.

Day 3
Had a lazy day. Went to Smoque BBQ…. Molly’s family saw this place on Food Network and we decided to really try it out. It was delicious. Went to the Chicago Temple. Molly ordered a movie. I feel asleep within the first five minutes (typical.)

Day 4
Went to the shore of Lake Michigan. Took ridiculous looking pics. Got Molly to join me in my goofiness. Went to Shedd Aquarium. Enjoyed the Dolphin show. Enjoyed the whales. Enjoyed making crazy faces for the camera.

Day 5
Packed up. Sat at the airport for a while. Read a little bit of New Moon. Read more about phonics. Slept all the way home. Walla. I’m home now.

No comments:

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.