Monday, December 10, 2007

EITHER WASH YOUR HANDS OR PUT SOME GLOVES ON…NEED I SAY MORE?!?!




Due to the hustle and bustle of Christmas, traveling, and working, I haven’t had a whole lot of time to make a grocery list, therefore, I haven’t gone grocery shopping and I have nothing to eat! Don’t you worry, I’m not lacking in the food department because I go out to eat everyday! This has got to stop ASAP, my budget can’t take it anymore! My body can’t take it either!!! After I go to Chicago I promise I will make a grocery list, go shopping and STOP eating out all the time!

As a result of my increased eating out habit, I’ve become conscious of sanitation! Today when I went with my co-worker to Gandolfo’s we noticed a strong cigarette smoke scent. Not something you want to smell when you walk into a restaurant….none-the-less, we ordered our food and dismissed the astounding stench. Mind you, the guy who was taking our order was the only guy in the place and it looked as if he had just walked in from a smoke break. He didn’t even wash his hands, but I just said to myself “at least he hasn’t made my sandwich yet, I’m sure he’ll get to it before he begins to touch food.” As I went to get my drink, I noticed a second guy walk in through the back door of Gandolfo’s. He went straight to the sandwich counter and started making our order! I was appalled! The first guy went to help him, but he put on some gloves first. I watched for a minute and was disgusted, so with all the courage and might I could muster….I went to them and said “I am germophobic person and I noticed that it smells like smoke in here and that guy just came from a brake and hasn’t washed his hands.” The first guy proceeded to tell me that they always wear gloves, so it shouldn’t be a problem. I replied “Well, then why isn’t he wearing gloves?” He seemed a little surprised by my comment and then went to talk to his friend/co-worker. Wow! I can’t believe I did that! But the thought of his gross hands touching my food made me want to vomit! So there you have it…EITHER WASH YOUR HANDS OR PUT SOME GLOVES ON and don’t you dare touch my food until then! I’m really not a germophob…I just prefer clean hands on my food over dirty ones!

No comments:

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.