Monday, January 21, 2008

Gotta GO, Gotta GO, Gotta GO Right NOW!

Have you ever had to go to the bathroom so bad that you suddenly realized you were making whimpering noises? And then as soon as you got to your destination, you bolted out of the car, ran as fast as you could to your house and as you were running, lost your cell phone in the snow, but still had to go sooooo bad that you left it for the cold? Well, if you haven’t, DON’T! It’s quite the traumatic experience! That’s what happened me as I got home from my trip.

I went to Idaho this weekend to visit my BFF Kristy! Kristy and I have been friends for 21 years now! My sister came up with me and we jammed out to country music the whole way up! Some of the highlights from the trip:

DISCOUNT MOVIES! Everybody loves a good deal right? Right☺! We went and saw Enchanted. I had never seen the previews…I had heard from a girl in my singles ward that it was a good movie. So the movie begins and I quickly realize that it’s an animated movie…I began to worry…nothing against animated movies, I actually like a lot of animated movies, I just usually wait ‘til they come out on DVD, unless they’re a "must see." This movie seemed a bit too kiddy friendly and a little over the top especially the theme song entitled “A True Loves Kiss” ☺. But then animated characters turned into humans, it was still a bit corny, but I do fall for romance in any form, ha-ha. (I’m a hopeless romantic, what can I say☺)

OLIVE GARDEN! Kristy’s husband Mike is a manager at Olive Garden. I ordered “The Tour of Italy.” It was so expensive! I felt slightly guilty…we even ordered an appetizer! And sadly, NO DESSERT! This whole no sweets for 6 months is hard! I have to keep reminding myself that dessert will never desert me…I just can’t have it right now☺.

GAMES! We played a lot of games this weekend! We played, Egyptian Rat Screw (I’m horrible at this game!), Nibs, Dominos, Apples to Apples, and Imaginiff. I found out that I’m horrible at card games! At one point in our game playing my sister said to me “If I had your brain, I would be so frustrated!” I tend to over-think and overanalyze, I try to use the best strategies☺.

POT ROAST! We made a pot roast in the crock pot! Mom you would be so proud of me! I can now cook in a Dutch Oven and in a Crock Pot! Here are some pics of the process….(you must always brown the roast first, daddy taught me well! Oh, and always use the drippings from the raost in your gravy, yum, yum!)

Left: Sautéing the Onions---------- Right: Browning the Roast


Left: "Just Add Water!" ----------Right: " Ta-Da! Dinner for 4!"

GRADING! Leslee and Kristy
helped me grade papers! Kristy had a riot! She kept saying, I could be a teacher, this is fun! She would criticize handwriting and complement their little doodle drawings on the back of their papers. I wish I had grading helpers all the time! Thanks Les and Kristy Sue!

REAL MOVIES! We went and saw Mad Money right before we left for our journey home. It was funny movie. Just them talking about beginning tight with money made my skin crawl!

DRIVE HOME! Our driv
e home was perfect, the weather was great! And of course there was my little bathroom adventure upon arriving home☺. I kept thinking "mom are we there yet? Mom, how many more miles? Mom, I can't wait any longer!" (My sister says that she feels sorry for the man I marry, she said that if I have a weak blatter now, who knows what I'll be like when I'm pregnant!) Well I hope that everyone else had a fun Martin Luther King Day weekend! Yay for 3 day weekends! Cheerio!


On the left: Les & Me -----------On the right: Kristy & Me

Left: The "falls" of Idaho Falls----------- Right: Idaho Falls Temple


Left: Leslee---------- Right: Kristy

Left: Mike, Kristy, Leslee, Me ----------Right: Kristy & Mike

5 comments:

Mike & Kristy said...

Cute Story! You could have left the goofy picture of me with the dominos coming out my ears off of it though! That is a bad picture! Well at least it shows my goofy side! I had a blast I hope we can do it again.

Matt and Carolyn said...

Oh, looks like you had a blast! They only thing I would contest is the country music... yuck! haha :) Wanna come make me a roast some day? That looks yummy! :)

Tiffany said...

I would love to make roast for you! You provide the roast & veggies and I'll provide the spices and the dutch oven:)! Seriously, that would be a lot of fun. I need to practice cooking but I hate cooking for one:).

The Kelley Family said...

It Hurts to lauph! You are soooo cute I love reading your blog! Looks like you had a lot of fun! when is your next trip and where are you going?

Tiffany said...

You just never know when my next trip is...I'm pretty spontanious:). I'm planning a trip with some friends to New York City in May! Yeah for MAY! I've only been to the NYC airport and I was snowed in there...I'm hoping that this experience is a little different:). Actually I kind of liked being snowed in. I like adventures. I think I have a couple days off for spring break in March so I might try to find somewhere to go for a weekend get-a-way! I really want to go out of the country...but that cost $$$$ and I don't have a lot of that:).

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.