Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Last Moments of 2007!

I think I ate every possible sweet treat in my last moments of 2007…you see my friend Katey and I made a bet. A bet, that for 6 months we could go without sweets. Now I’ve done this a couple times before, and its quite a good thing for me. It helps me to gain will-power and to abstain from not so healthy food choices…. Sweets are a good friend of mine and because I’m leaving this friend, I’ve written a letter to say goodbye…

Dear Sugary Goodness,

Today I must say goodbye to you. I know that we’ve been together for quite sometime. I’ve grown (no pun intended) to love you over the years…you’ve been there through everything. You were there for me when I got my first broken arm, you were there for me when my dad cut my bangs an 1/8 of an inch long, you were there for me when I failed that test in AP Calc, you were there for me during all the good times too, like birthdays, holidays, parties, dates, and you were even there for every church event. I want to thank you for all the time you’ve spent with me…and for being there for me when I most needed you…but I must say goodbye and do this thing called life on my own. I know I’ve said goodbye to you at least a million times, maybe more…I know last year our break up only lasted 9 months…I just couldn’t live without you during that trip to Europe. This time I need at least 6 months…this break will be good for us, I just know it! So please don’t come visit…I need my space…if you want to hang out with my friends that’s fine…some of them need you more than I do…you are just so irresistible!

Love always,

Tiffany

3 comments:

Anne said...

Tiffany,

Nice blog! I did that google tag thing and found out our family has an ancestral estate (when I did the search with my middle name). Who knew.

Katey said...

I still have yet to write my so long to sweets and treats. I really need to get on that.

The Koenigs said...

Good for you!!! in about 5 1/2 months you are going to be kicking yourself! haha I love all your blogs. so much fun to read. :o)

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.