Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Phone Call, The Substitute, The Stress

Last week I received a phone call from a number I didn’t know…we all know how curious that can make someone! I was excited because who ever it was had left a message. Turns out, It was a friend of my dads! I haven’t seen this guy since I was like 11! He left message saying that he had given my number to some guy he knows who’s single….I just had to laugh!

Then the next day there was a male substitute at school. My teammate immediately came and found me and informed of the handsome fellow. He was good looking, but too good-looking for my taste. Good looking men remind me really fancy restaurants, they usually look great, and they’re what everyone is raving about, but it really doesn’t taste that great. I like the everyday restaurants and occasionally I like the fancy places and the hole in the wall places…I chatted with the guy for quite sometime, but still couldn’t tell if he was married (he wasn’t wearing a ring, I checked). My teammate was super curious (at this point, I knew I wasn’t interested, but because I’ve been watching too much of The Office I told her to go find out.) She wasn’t sure how to ask, so I suggested that she ask him if he has any kids, perfect lead, huh! Turns out he is married! Attention all wives: TELL YOUR HUSBANDS TO WEAR A WEDDING RING! I’m just grateful no one on my team ever said anything!

Well that’s all the juice I have for this week, other than those two events, I went to class all weekend, Friday night and Saturday all day! YUCK! I enjoyed a lecture they gave on stress. Here are some of my notes:

What causes it?

o No control
o Too many things to do…
o Money…
o The TOP stressful jobs…
• Medical Interns
• Air Traffic Controllers
• Miners
• Police Officers
• TEACHERS

You have to make a decision to fight or flight.

REDUCING STRESS
• TEN HABITS
1. Relax
2. Eat Right
3. Exercise
4. Sleep
5. Organize
6. Manage Time
7. Values
8. Humor
9. Choose Your Battles
10. Anger Management
11. Don’t Get Your Masters Degree!

Sorry this was such a long blog…Enjoy your week!

1 comment:

Katey said...

Good thing you found out the sub dude was married...that would have been AWKWARD!!! :)

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.