Monday, January 5, 2009

5 Second Crush...


So that's my latest term for those guys I see once or twice and they intrigue me... the 5 second crush can turn into 6, 7, 8...you get the picture. It seems like lately they start at 5, move up to 7 or 8 and drop to 0 instantly when I realize I was totally just fantasizing them into my ideal, decades of emotion, take my breathe away, type of crush!

As lame as this sounds, I just dictionary.com'd the word "crush," as I often do with words that are on my mind and this is what it came up with:



CRUSH

1.to press or squeeze with a force that destroys or deforms.
2. to squeeze or pound into small fragments or particles, as ore, stone, etc.
3. to force out by pressing or squeezing; extract: to crush cottonseeds in order to produce oil.
4. to rumple; wrinkle; crease.
5. to smooth or flatten by pressure: to crush leather.
6. to hug or embrace forcibly or strongly: He crushed her in his arms.
7. to destroy, subdue, or suppress utterly: to crush a revolt.
8. to overwhelm with confusion, chagrin, or humiliation, as by argumentation or a slighting action or remark; squelch.
9. to oppress grievously.
10. Archaic. to finish drinking (wine, ale, etc.).–verb (used without object)
11. to become crushed.
12. to advance with crushing; press or crowd forcibly.–noun
13. the act of crushing; state of being crushed.
14. a great crowd: a crush of shoppers.
15. Informal.
a. an intense but usually short-lived infatuation.
b. the object of such an infatuation: Who is your latest crush?

I laughed out loud as I read some of those definitions..."to press or squeeze with a force that destroys or deforms." Yep, I'm pretty sure I've destroyed a lot of chances with guys by crushing too much...ha! I also like the one that says "to overwhelm with confusion," been there done that... and I especially like the one that says "short-lived." That one hits the nail on the head!

Anywho, today I'm just grateful for my short-lived crushes that give me hope. In the past little while I've decided that one of my very favorite attractions and is a must for the man I marry, is ABILITY TO LAUGH! I love to laugh, I love when people make me laugh, I love to laugh about stupid stuff, smart stuff, crazy stuff, weird stuff, stuff that just ticks me off, and mainly I just love to LAUGH...my dad calls me giggles, I just can help it, I LOVE to laugh!
So there you have it, my little thought process I had tonight, sorry if it's hard to follow, if you don't understand, don't worry, I'm confusing, I know:). Just smile and nod for me k?
Life without laughter, would be no life at all...

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Your last line is perfect.. AMEN! Laughter is everything :)

Katey said...

HAH! I love this post. Good one ;)

Anonymous said...

I want to you to teach me that laughter.
I LOVE THIS POST>
CAN YOU TEACH ME HOW TO WRITE WITH HUMOR????
I would like to find something bigger than a crush. ANY suggestions?????
I need to laugh more.
Can you teach me?
I want to learn how to set up my blog better and where to find more interesting things.
Yes you are one of the friends I want to spend more time with.
I love this.!!!!!!!!
H.

Tiffany said...

Just ask Wayne to MARRY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! H, you are already great at laughing and you already write interesting things! =) Silly girl!

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.