Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh, man...MY MOM JOINED FACEBOOK! ...read #4 to find out about my crazy dream

Isn't that awesome! I hung out w/ mom tonight! Dinner and some light shopping...dad's out of town, PARTY! Hehe! Then I helped her set up her facebook account. She mentioned joining a while back and I forbid her, well not really, but I wasn't exactly sure what I thought about it...I know I am a mean daughter! Anyhow, I think it's super cool now! It was so fun teaching her!

Here are some misc. things I've wanted to write somewhere and since the journal thing isn't really working out, I'm gonna write it here. Feel free to STOP reading here, sorry I bore you with my silly day to day things!

1. It took me five minutes to find my car today! Turnberry Apts has some serious parking shortage issues which doesn't lend any help to my short term memory in the morning! I am grateful for car beepers!

2. Last night at FHE, after giving my input on the topic of discussion, I called on someone who was raising their hand as if I was teaching (which I wasn't!) I was so embarrassed! I guess once a teacher, always a teacher! I also find myself wanting to discipline kids in grocery stores all the time! Oh, man!

3. Our carpets were cleaned today! My trail of rubber cement looks a lot lighter now!

4. Over Christmas Break I had a dream that was hilarious! I was teaching my brother to fly...no plane needed, it was just a matter of positioning your feet and knowing that you had that power (only endowed members of the church could fly, but not everyone knew that they had the ability). Crazy, whacked out dream I know, but it was AWESOME! I remember showing him my favorite parts of Chicago and short cuts to different cities!

5. One my students said to me today "I really like your purse! Can I have it when you die?" Can you believe she said that! I must be ancient to them!

6. I have a confession...I really don't absolutely love my blog title...will I every find something I like? Seriously? I can't make up my mind! I loved the phrase "Life Happens" because that is something I realized I say all the time without thinking about it. Then I thought of all the other things I say all the time and attached them too... Then I saw that someone I know has the same title! I just feel so unsettled about my blog title and it's such a lame thing to EVEN THINK ABOUT...I am wasting valuable thinking time and blogging time on this issue! Oh well...someday I'll come up with the perfect title, watch you'll see! It's like naming a child or something, it's gotta mean something right? Finley Files? That one crossed my mind today... too cheesy... hmmm...

That's all folks!

2 comments:

Katey said...

I love that you included the list of other various things. I enjoy reading them! I need to do something like that soon. I must say though, the FHE moment was hilarious! I'm glad I could share in it with you. And don't the rubber cement may look lighter but it will come back full force. I think Turnberry carpet cleaners has some instant stain remover that isn't really long lasting! I'm just sayin!

Thom and Laci Quist said...

What a funny dream. It is good to catch up with you. Thanks for updating your blog. You make me laugh.

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.