Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Old Seminary Gang

Natalie, Wray, Me, Derek, Bryan, Taylor, Kathy, Katie


Living in Utah is quite awesome! You see, Mormons just gravitate here whether they like it or not:)! It's a bonus for me because I get to see all my old friends now and again! Last night a bunch of us who could make it, went to dinner! It was a blast! Who knew it could be so much fun to talk about the stupid things we did in high school!


Funny thing to share. A few months ago while baring my testimony at church, I saw guy in the audience that looked familiar...I tried not to make eye contact for fear that he would think I was crazy stalker, a common fear of single adults. Turns out he was doing the same thing! It was Bryan Hinton! We went to the first two years of High School together, then he moved to Kansas. I thought, what a small world! He was actually just visiting, but is in a ward that also meets in my building and does activities with my ward often. Then last Sunday I was walking down the hall and saw a familiar face and I said, "is that Derek Sorensen?!!?" And it was! He just joined my ward! Weird! I don't think I've seen Derek since high school!


So, all this running into people and talking to people who currently live here like Cathy Olivas, Wray Dix, and Carolyn Detro inspired a reunion of sorts! Carolyn wasn't able to make it, but we sure did miss here! It was fun to meet Kathy's fiance and Wray's wife! Both perfect matches that I would have never put together! Katie's married too, but didn't bring her honey, next time. I never knew Katie very well because she moved about the same time I moved in, but she came to girls camp and visited now and again, she's a riot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW
WIsh I had that again
BY the WAY
I hope you read this

JANUARY 24th SATURDAY 11:00 am MY HOUSE
BABY SHOWER FOR NAT>

I will get invites out
H

Carolyn said...

Oh my gosh, that looks like fun! Next time I will be there FOR SURE! We will have to plan another one soon. We seriously got caught up in our sat stuff and totally lost track of time. Great pictures!

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.