Friday, February 15, 2008

DiD YoU FeeL ThE LovE?

One more single awareness day down, how many more to go? Haha, jk! So yesterday was an interesting day to say the least. The weather was horrendous! On my drive to school I received a text from my 16 year old bro. saying that all the schools in the district were having a delayed start due to weather conditions. Since I was already on my way, I got there way early and had extra planning time!!! Yay! I love being in my classroom! The kiddies loved it too! Only 10 kids in the whole school showed up at the regular start time. In a district not to far from here, about 60 kids had to sleep at the school because of the roads. People on four wheelers brought food to them. A bunch of teachers at my school were so greatful that didn’t happen to us. I told them that I would have welcomed the emergency! A sleepover with a bunch kids in snowstorm would have been a blast! Imagine all the games you could play and all the stories to tell and what a funny memory to have! Oh, when I was in the office, one of the secretaries was teasing that because of the two hour delay I would have to stay an extra 2 hours and I said “just because I have no one to love doesn’t mean I don’t want to love myself!” She started laughing☺.


Our class Valentine party consisted of Valentine Bingo, cookie decorating, and passing out our valentine goodies. To the left is a pic of the most creative valentine.... attached to the note is a bag of popcorn! The kids had a blast, they were so wound up! They were precious though, I love how kids can love so much! Today a little boy who’s been a bit stubborn with me lately gave me a hug…man, hugs make my job so worth while, even the rough kids have a heart, if only all adults had one☺, lol!

I went and saw the fam at night. Niki came too! We brought my family 2 liters each of their favorite sodas! Then we went to Niki’s fam. From there we went to a Valentine party, we only played spin the bottle for 20 minutes…just kidding! So how did the rest of you celebrate? Any romantic dinners? Creative ideas to share? I've always liked the day...regardless of circumstances...how about you, do you like this love honoring day?

1 comment:

Alanna said...

I agree it could have been an interesting and fun memory having to stay the night at an elementary school. I agree with you about kids having a heart and being able to love. Shortly after school started for us on Vday we lost power! so, we were in a school (with VERY few windows), 600 students already hyped up because it was Vday, 2 hour delay and lots of snow. It was quit the Valentine's Day. One that the kids will never forget.

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.