Friday, February 8, 2008

Do you know anyone with a booger problem?

I’ve got quite the solution to this terrible bad habit! On Wednesday, one of my students came up to me and said (I’ll be using fake names to protect the kidos) “Miss Finley, Jane won’t let me play with her snap bracelet.” I replied, “why is that?” Very angrily he responded, “because she says I pick my nose and she doesn’t want me to touch it.” I simply told him I agree with her, I wouldn’t want someone playing with something of mine if they picked their nose all the time…he pouted for a little bit and then I told him to wash his hands and maybe she’d let him see it.

The next morning, he came in, walked straight to my desk and pointing at his fingers said, “look at my fingers!” I looked and saw Band-Aids on every finger! He told me that they would keep him from picking his nose! Go mom! What a great idea! So if you know anyone with the same problem, spread the good idea! LOL!

3 comments:

The Kelley Family said...

LOL I'm gonna have to try that with Abby!

Mike & Kristy said...

That is funny. Do you think it works on adults? There is a girl I work with who always picks her nose and eats it! YUCK! She doesn't think anyone sees because she kind of turns sideways and does it fast but I have seen her and its gross!

Katey said...

I am going to file this away in the memory bank labeled "when I have children." It will come in handy I'm sure! :)

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.