Saturday, July 12, 2008

Goodbye Foothills Elementary...

The picture above is from the beginning of the year! Each student is holding either a life skill that I teach or something to go along with our camping theme! Below is a picture of us on our field trip at Cabella's!

This picture is like where's Waldo, but where is Miss Finley!?!?

I've been meaning to blog about this for ages...July 1st was my last day at Foothills Elementary and in Jordan District. It was so hard to say goodbye because I work with some really amazing people and I've come to know a lot students and people in the community... One of my darling little students mailed me a letter today and it just flooded the great memories! I love being a teacher! Of course there are good days and bad days, but I feel truly happy when I'm right there working with students helping them master skills that they will use for the rest of their lives! I'll stop with the mushy stuff, I just had to say goodbye to Foothills, it's time to start a new:).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will miss you
at Foothills

Alanna said...

change is tough but sometimes it is for the better! Good Luck at your new school.

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

Great to see your blog! You are up to sooo much! I am amazed. I didn't realize that you were teaching in Jordan District. We were so close all this time. Oh, well. What are your "new" plans?

Unknown said...

It still hasn't hit me that you won't be there with me tomorrow at our meetings! I'm gonna miss you and being able to see your beautiful smile at school! Good luck and ENJOY your summer!!!!

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.