Thursday, July 17, 2008

M. Ed. Master Educator...I am still pinching myself!

Molly, Justin, Me
The 3 Musketeers...we started together and finished together! Molly and Justin are phenomial teachers, I'm so glad that I was able to learn from them and be inspired to become better!

Molly and I became best friends in the midst of this program! Not only did I get a master's degree, I got a best friend out of it! Man what a blast! Sadly she moved to Wisconsin:(. PS, she doesn't love silly poses...I forced her into to this one:).

Molly and Me...the serious pose! Oh and if you look close you can see my shinny red nails...Molly took me to get my nails and toes done for my birthday, thanks Molly, you're awesome!

This is us on our last day working away...actually I'm pretending to work...hehehe! Fooled ya huh!
I keep pinching myself, I just can't believe it...the years just keep flying by. I've decided it's all about enduring and believing even when you think you can't do it anymore or that you're not good enough. Let me tell you, there were some dark nights staying up 'til 4 in the morning for a brief nap...I remember pleading with the Lord to just help me make it through it and to love myself no matter what grade I got:). I also remember thinking getting a Masters was a breeze (hard to believe, huh, even for myself). Those days were very few, they were the days when I had all my readings done, assignments in order and when I felt like I was becoming a master teacher and applying new things in the classroom.

My dad asked me when I was going to get my PhD and I said "NEVER!" I really don't think I will, really. Then I again, I also almost dropped out after my second year of college. My friend Kristy's mom called me and convinced me to stick with it and I'd be grateful, thanks Shirlene!

I believe in being a life-long learner (not necessarily college) but I want to keep taking professional development classes and being the best teacher I can, but also taking fun community classes like art and balloon making, maybe some Spanish classes.

Well there you have it!

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game!"
"Dreams DO come true, everyday!"

5 comments:

Natalie Redd said...

I thought you were a master teacher even before you got the paper!

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Milmonster said...

Congrates Tiff! I'm trying to get an early childhood endorcement and one class is killing me. Way to go!

Tiffany said...

Natalie, I got all of my skills fro m you!

Susan, I understand! Just keep swimming:). I hope you are coming tomorrow night:).

JRome said...

You made it!! Congratulations-- still considering teaching with the Department of Defense?

And Happy Birthday too!

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know I KNEW YOU WERE the MASTER
I learned from you, just wish I could have been as good as you at your age.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LATE
Sorry
I feel so slackered
Halceyn

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.