Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Believe it or not....

I caved in... I am now "in the loop!" For months, my sister Leslee and I have been contemplating whether or not to change our text plan... We started out with a plan of 50 and that was quite manageable. After a year or so we decided to upgrade because everyone and their dog was texting us and we were paying fees anyway. Now we've come to yet another dilemma, should we upgrade again? For the same price we could have 1,500 text or both get unlimited...we went for UNLIMITED! I can't believe that we've gone from 50 to millions of text! My brother Aaron who is 16 used a whopping 10,000 text in February (shhh...he doesn't know I'm telling the whole world). He hasn't stopped texting me since he found out I joined the ranks of the "really cool people."

Just a little history on my cell phone usage...I didn't have a cell phone until I was 21! I was just about done with college...I never wanted my phone to rule my life. One time I said to Niki "I don't like people to control me, I like to control people" I said that in reference to me silencing my phone so I didn't have to answer it. I really like the convienence of a phone, but sometimes I just need silence and this is coming from a girl who talks WAY TOO MUCH! I won't tell you how many minutes I can use in a month! So who else has unlimited text??? Or has a big texting plan? Or am I the only "cool kid" according to Aaron.

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

hahah Tiffany! Welcome to the "cool" club! I guess by Aaron's standards, Matt and I have been "cool" for a long time. haha. It's good to know I can text you without costing you money, we text ALL the TIME! Wayyy too much. Oh, and one Month Kirsten had 7500 texts, YIKES!

Niki said...

Hello there roommate, so don't let Tiff tell you the story that she was talking about her cell phone and the comment, "I like to control people." It was referring to just liking to control people, I agreed with her.. I enjoy it too. Lol. jk!
So I am not in the cool ranks yet, but maybe in 8 months when I graduate I bet I could afford it then, will you still be my roommate even though I am not cool yet??

garrett said...

Welcome. (p.s., you forgot a zero in ten thousand...)

I've got you beat. I didn't get a cell phone until I was 25. It was shortly after my birthday and during my last year of college, so I'd have a permanent number to put on resumes. I also thought texting was stupid when I got a cell phone. Oh, the hubris of the young! I'm a texting fiend now. Again, welcome!

Katey said...

I joined the cell phone world late myself. I also, like Garrett, thought texting was dumb and a waste of money but low and behold I have now become a texting maniac. I love to text and I think my one month max is about 3000. Not that high but still. I have a 500 outside Verizon plan and unlimited in. I don't have too much to worry about with that but now that you've become a texter that might change...glad you've joined us. It's just so convenient sometimes. :)

Natalie Redd said...

No wonder I have been getting more texts from you lately . . . I was thinking it was because you wanted to talk to me more than the nine hours we're at work because that is not NEARLY enough time to be around me.

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.