Friday, March 7, 2008

…my week…if you care to take a gander… ☺ ☺ ☺

Every Monday I wake up and start over on my diet…this week its stuck quite well, I’m impressed to say the least, I’ve had some close calls, but I’ve managed to aim for the target a high percentage of the time, always a good thing. And I’ve been to the gym a few times, wow, we are really setting new records for 2008!

I found out that my insurance company is closing the case on my claim I made back in May of ’07. I was in a car accident with some moron who was driving on the wrong side of the road. I seriously think he was on drugs! To keep it short, he had no insurance at the time of the accident and no one seems to be able to find the guy…Should I take him to small claims court????

I had an awesome piano lesson this week! I’m really learning the chords, the rhythm, and the notes! My teacher says that if I practice 10-15 min. everyday she thinks I’ll be able to play any hymn in the hymnbook in one year from now! That’s a challenge…PLEASE REMIND ME TO PRACTICE!!! Wouldn’t that be super cool!?!? (except for the fact that I might have to play at church, that terrifies me! I’d rather give a talk!)

Rita and I went to the library tonight. We found a cozy little corner and read a few books. She’s an awesome reader! As we were walking out of the library doors Rita was looking at the two chapter books she had in her hand, one was an Arthur chapter book and the other was some girly book. She’s looking at both of the covers and asks “are the people real or fake?” I responded, “well, what do you think?” She says, “I think they’re fake, they don’t look real at all.” There was a lady walking out the doors at the same time who looks and me and says “that is such a good response, for years I always just answered their questions, I never asked what they thought…” I laughed and said it was just because I’m a teacher. When we got in the car, Rita looked at me and said, “is laughing good for you?” And I said “yes! Laughing is really good for you!” Then she forced herself to laugh and said, “okay, I’m done.” I think she’s still trying to understand our culture and when it’s appropriate to do certain things, like laughing. She is darling! I love this little lady!

I’ve also had some mortifying experiences and I don’t think I’ll share those with anyone…sorry, too many of you read this dang blog now….sheesh!

And on the home front, or rather the apartment front, there’s been no more water fights or hot tubbing, I wish I could remember some lines for the sitcom that Niki and I keep adding to…hmmm… o’well, next time!

It’s been a whole week since I’ve posted, wow, that’s a record for me!

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yay, an update! I think you should take him to claims court! If he doesn't show up, don't you automatically win the judgement? I can't believe he was driving on the wrong side of the road! Good luck!

Way to go to the gym, good job practicing piano, and I want to hear your secret experience!!

MichiganMarshes said...

It sounds like you have a good case - I'd take him to small claims court.

Niki said...

Hmm.. well one update... "ya know." Ha ha.. you should add that.. :)Lol.

Katey said...

Oh man that story about Rita is so cute. That lady learned a good lesson from you that day. Good that Rita has you around to help her understand the world around her. I really should look into big brothers, big sisters...Hmmm. :)

Katey said...

P.S. Good job on the sticking to the new way of eating. (Stop using that diet word!!! BAH!) And I just read Niki's comment. Definitely "ya know" will need to be added. That was DANG funny! :)

The Kelley Family said...

Small claims for sure! That guy needs to get what's comming to him! Rita sounds like a cool little girl. I like reading all your little stories about your adventures.

Tiffany said...

Yay for good friends! Your comments make me happy on the inside! I'm looking into small claims court, I'll keep ya'all posted on that.

And Carolyn...we need get together so I can share my secret...LOL!

Thanks Niki for bringing up "ya know..." I will never be able to say that again without think about alterier meanings....so, so, so sorry Niki and Katey, I'm going to have to pass on adding that in...

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.