Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I know you're going to ask & I'm gonna say yes...

GT Automotive is by far my favorite place to get my oil changed at!

Some of you have noticed while running around with me that my "maintenance required" light has been flashing...this has gone on for the past month. Being the daughter of a car man has taught me to wait...to wait until my dad has time to check out the problem. Well my roommate Niki's "check engine"'s light has been flashing and she had her brother take a peek and check all the fluids and then the flashing magically disappeared. Thus, her experience inspired me to finally get my oil changed.

Another thing you must know to understand why what I'm about to say is so funny to me...each time I go to get my oil changed they tell me I need a new air filter and I always say "oh, no my dad will take care of that." (I'm always a little leery that they're trying to rip me off, although these guys know my dad pretty well because my dad is over their shop for part of his insurance job...so I doubt they would try to mess with me.)

Okay, so for the punch line...or just something I think is funny:). Today I go to GT and pull up to the garage and then I go talk to the guy in charge, he hands me a form to fill out and says to just put my name and then he pointed to where it said car color. I thought it was odd that the only question they would ask about my car was what color it was, I looked around and saw like 5 silver cars! Then the guy realized that he pointed to the wrong line, he really just wanted my number, but not in a "I want your number, hehehe" kind of a way. Then I look and him and say....


"I know you're going to ask, and I'm gonna say yes; I want a new air-filter."

The guy behind him starts laughing hysterically! I didn't realize how funny I was! I bet they get rejected all the time when they ask if you want a new air-filter or new wipers, I'm sure it's common topic of conversation. Anyway, maybe this is one of those things that you just had to be there...but I had a good laugh:). It kinda sounded like something you'd say when someones about to propose...hahaha. Hope your next trip to the automotive shop is just as entertaining:).

3 comments:

JRome said...

Tif!! You brought me cookies, what better way to help someone feel welcome?

My window froze and now I can't roll down the driver side window...

I'm waiting until I get a million dollars before I fix it...

We could trade car stories forever, just ask Aaron and Sara!

Kimberly said...

I wish my trips to the station were as entertaining as yours!

Tiffany said...

Jerome! I forgot I did that! So you're saying I'm not such a dirt bag after all? Yay! When you get that million dollars, can you give me a little...I wouldn't mind paying off my car!

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.