Sunday, March 30, 2008

Video Games Live--Utah Symphony



Last night I went to see the Utah Symphony with Garrett. It was soooooo cool! We rode the trax down town. Trax is one of my new favorites! You don't have to worry about parking and most likely you'll be entertained the entire ride. While we were waiting to hop on trax there was a guy there who came up to us and said something to us like, "do you know how to get someone running really fast?" We said, "how?" He responded, "just have them run in front of the train, that will make him go really fast." I was being a bit facetious and asked if he'd ever done that before and he said no. I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter where you ride a train, a subway, a bus, basically public transportation, you're going to run into some interesting characters and for the most part, I'm fascinated by the diversity, however, sometimes I'm a bit creeeped out.


(One of the big gamers all dressed up!)

Now onto to the highlight of the night, the symphony...this was no ordinary symphony. The title of the symphony was "Video Games Live." They performed everything from Halo to Mario Brothers and Frogger! I'll admit there were serveral games that I had no clue about because I'm not a big gamer...if you didn't know already. I'm a big fan of Dr. Mario and I'm currently intrigued by the Wii, unfortunately I don't have one, so I play wherever I can:). Some people were so obsessed they dressed up, wow... I really liked the piano guy. I guess a while back this guy decided to write the music to some of his favorite video games and then put them on YouTube. (I'm hoping that that was a true story...that's what they said!:)) All of the performances were really good, they even had people go up and play a game of frogger while they orchestrated it! Neat-o!



This was a lot of fun! Oh, and after the symphony we went to IHOP, yum! My no sugar bet directed us to IHOP, otherwise we would have undoubtedly gone for some ice cream! Garrett got the most interesting drink...I'm totally stealing all the pictures from his blog because I can't figure out how to email pictures from my phone! Here is a picture of his drink, it's called, "beezlenut splash" it was created in celebration of Dr. Seuss' birthday which is the first week in March. The drink contained, sprite and red and blue cubes of jello. Weird combo, I thought it looked tasty. I really wanted to take a sip...but I didn't... :(.... I promise!

Good times! I had a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Mike & Kristy said...

It sounds like you and Garrett had a good time! I am glad You met someone that has so much in common with you! My only question is...when do I get to meet him? After all, I have been your friend forever!!!

Nettie Martin said...

I'm not sure how I feel about that drink? Jello in Soda? hummmm. . . maybe I'll make my own concoction?

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.