Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter with the Fam!


(Ryan wanted to carry Beau through the field so he wouldn't get thorns in his feet, haha!)

First off, growing up is hard to do! Easter was great this year, but it was a little strange, every holiday is kind of strange now...all of us kids are growing up, but nothing is really changing except for our age and some of us have matured just a touch...haha. It was also a little weird without Joey!!!!!!!

My dad cooked a ham as usual and as usual it was incredible! YUM! Thanks dad! We had the regular fixins' except for the scalloped potatoes...my mom said they would take too long to make. We also had the traditional jello cheesecake...I'm not gonna a lie, I was EXTREMELY sad that I couldn't partake of the lusciously sweet, creamy whipped sugary goodness! Somehow though that moment went quickly and I was fine...I guess I can live without sweets...

This year my dad had one of his wild hair ideas and decided to start a new tradition of playing whiffle ball! He said that we will play it every year for now on, he is so funny! We all walked over to the park to play. Aaron decided that he was going to be a team captain and he picked my mom and I. Later in the game he said he should have done some better scouting, haha! My dad made the rules. There were two bases. Home plate and first base. To get someone out all you had to do was throw the whiffle ball in front of the person. Three strikes and you're out if your a guy and four strikes your out if you're a girl, sexiest! (I didn't mind though:)) After the wind picked up the guys changed the rules to four strikes for them too! The game was a riot! There wasn't a single fight! We laughed and played, used a little sarcasm, and had a grand 'ol time! I wish we could have got my mom on video! She would run with the bat in her hand and then do a twirl throw backward when she realized she still had it in her hand! I think I'm a lot like my mom in personality...although I have my dad's sarcasm and his mother's "good" looks, thanks, I think....I love my family! They're great! I realized yesterday just how blessed I am to have such an incredible family whose love is immense. I'm thankful for our Savior who sacrificed himself for us all. I'm grateful that each day I can get on my knees and be forgiven and can press forward with faith. I embrace the knowledge of eternal families, it's because of our Savior that this is possible.

5 comments:

Natalie Redd said...

That's so fun! I am glad you had some fun while you were off for a few more days!

Carolyn said...

That looks like alot of fun, everyone is getting so big... weird!

The Koenigs said...

I LOVE whiffle ball! That is such an awesome tradition...you really have to stick with that one. haha You are so great Tiffany! I love you!

Mike & Kristy said...

Your family looks so cute! I love you guys! I am glad you had a fun Easter! Joey will be home before you know it!

Emily Ann said...

I can imagine Dixie running around with the bat, that is awesome. Happy Easter.

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.