Friday, September 12, 2008

Classroom Visiters, You are LOVED!

In all my years of teaching (4 years, hehe) I've never had so many friends/family visit my class! On the first day of school my roommate Niki came to visit and they loved her of course! She even brought them a treat! She shared with them that she is a phlebotomist and now they refer to her as my vampire friend!

Then this past Tuesday my friend Tyler came to volunteer. He pulled kids out and read with at least half of them. They loved it! It's so nice to have another person around helping the kids become better readers! (It takes a village to raise a child...I really believe that!)

Kristy (my BFF since we were 4!) also came on Tuesday! I was shocked! She's never been to my class before in "all" my years of teaching...it made my heart do a little square dance! I was so glad she came. They asked her all sorts of questions about me, like what kid of student I was, if I ever got in trouble, and what kinds of things I liked to do when I was a kid. It was a riot!

Lastly, my mom came YESTERDAY! Go mom! She came to my Kindergarten classroom back when I had no teaching skills...hopefully she'll think I've improved since...ha! The kids thought she looked young enough to be my sister...even some of the teachers thought that! It was pretty funny. I'm crossing my fingers for the same genes! My mom brought them all a sucker and boy did she win their hearts over! Mom helped some of them with their graphing work, again, it's always so nice to have another person helping out in the classroom!

So thanks friends and mom!!!!!!!

PS If any of you readers want to come get warm fuzzy in my class, come on over! They're eight, they don't bite, they will absolutely adore you!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh man, I would love to come! We just don't ever make it out that far... maybe someday!

Milmonster said...

How fun to have all those visitors! I bet the kids had a blast. Your mom does look like your sister! I have always thought that.

Tiffany said...

Carolyn, maybe someday you can go on a field trip just to check it out. You have one of the amazing jobs that can't be neglected, seriously! :-)

Niki said...

No prob friend : ) I will see you soon too.. can't wait!!!

Mike & Kristy said...

Don't you worry! I will be back soon! I want to help you make some fun halloween decorations or something next month! I will bring treats, it will be fun!

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.