Sunday, September 21, 2008

Guess WHO Came to Dinner!









My ward does this thing where you sign up to go to "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner!" A few weeks after you sign up, someone calls you, tells you that you are in their group and what to bring when you go to dinner. It's a surprise who's coming, well except for the host and even then it's still a surprise (there's a lot of people in the ward!)
Today I hosted "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" and it was a B-L-A-S-T! I decided to spice up the night and I made name tags for everyone. The name tags said their name really big and then had five questions underneath that said...


You’re going to ask anyway…so here are my answers…
1. I grew up in… ___________________________________________________
2. I went to high school at… _________________________________________
3. I spend my time….working at…going to school at....______________________
4. When I have an hour of free time, I like to… (Ex. Video games, Shopping…hehe!) _____
5. There are three adjectives which describe me?_____________________

We also played a game called, "Two Truths and a Lie." Everyone wrote two things that were true about them and one lie on a piece of paper, then we read off the papers and first tried to figure out who it was and once we figured out the person, we tried to figure out their lie. It was fun to get to know other people and have fun while doing it!

For dinner we had English Muffin Pizza's, which were surprisingly good!

4 comments:

Natalie Redd said...

SO FUN! Way to go! You're so creative. I miss that at work . . . and you.

Unknown said...

Hey--that sounds like a fun activity--you may have to tell me about how it works...

I miss you at work too! Walking down to second grade isn't the same anymore!!!

Anonymous said...

I MISS YOU THE MOST

Ok To be single again, somedays I wish I was there. Other days I am so glad I am not
OK I have my son he keeps me occupied.
LOL
LUV YA<
H

Tiffany said...

I miss you ALL so, so, so much! Serioulsy, when I went to Foothills the other day my heart was torn...I wanted to be back and be working with all of you and to be around my old students! I like my new school too, especially the part where I don't have to pack up all my stuff every 9 weeks...

Amy, that activity would be really fun to add to your ward!

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.