Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Family, Isn't it about time?!

Tribute to the Finley Family...

I love my family. I love, love, love, love, love, love, love them... times infinity and beyond! Did I mention I love my family????! So tonight, Niki and I decided to travel around town and visit our families! We went to her parents and had a grand 'ol time and then headed over to my fams place.

My mom, Niki, and I all went on a little and by little I mean a 3 mile walk around the neighborhood, chatting it up and just have fun.

I think my mom is great, she is so funny, she really is! She is smart, beautiful, spiritual, thoughtful and the list just goes on! I really admire her:). She was telling us about all her great garage sale deals and her clearance deals! She cracks me up. When we got home we chatted with the rest of the fam, while mom showed us all her cute clothes and dad showed off all his handy work and remodeling on the house. My dad is also VERY funny! He was walking around with this little head lamp that clips onto his baseball cap. My dad is amazing...since neither one of my parents brag about themselves nearly enough, I feel that it my duty to share their wonderful talents! My dad is one of the most generous, kind, hard-working guys I know! He can fix ANYTHING! He can cook ANYTHING! And he has a way of making everyone feel welcome at our house.

So now that I'm on a family bragging kick, here's what great about all my siblings...

Leslee, 22, is going to UVU, has her associates and is kicking but in classes! Last semester she got a 4.0! Go Les! She too, is so generous! If I'm having a bad day, she doesn't even hesitate to lift my spirits by hanging out, having an extra long conversation with me or buying me a gift...that last one is my favorite, jk! I love my favorite sister! She understands my soul and knows what makes me tick.

Joey, 20, is on a mission in Brazil! He is now a Zone leader and the second counselor in the Bishopric, weird! He has more charisma and positive attitude than a monkey on steroids! He is awesome! He only has 9 months left...I can't wait to hang out with him again!

Aaron, 16, is now a dater and a driver! He is the "cool" one in the family, seriously he radiates coolness. He is handsome and down to earth! Aaron works his tail off at school and at his job at Larry H! So I thought I was pretty awesome at math in high school, oh no, Aaron puts me to shame with him kick-butt college Algebra classes! I can't believe some of the classes he is in! Aaron rocks!

Ryan, 15, is now a trader, going to Jordan High School....ha! The three middle kids all went to Alta but Ryan decided to switch it up a little this year. Ryan is awesome! He's been playing football and kickin' the other teams trash! Last year Ryan came and helped out in my classroom, he is always so kind and willing to serve, man I love this kid!

Beau, 7, our family dog. He is the love of our lives...every night, still to this day, all the kids fight over sleeping with him! My parents got him during the middle of my senior year of high school (makes me feel old!). He is the sweetest dog ever! He's always there to give some lovin' and absolutely loves to go on walks!

Man, this post makes me have an attitude of gratitude! Lately, I've just been so grateful for my life and for the people who have made it so wonderful, both family and friends...I know this post is a little gushy and over the top, but who cares! I love them and after all, I am the "emotional" on in the family! I'm also grateful for my Heavenly Family, meaning Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. Prayers are answers, when you seek, ye will find, I promise! :) I have a testimony of that, no doubt about it.

PS The CES fireside on Sunday was AMAZING! If you didn't get a chance to watch it and want to, click here! This was one sure fire way of knowing the Lord knows me and knows what I need to learn and hear in my life at this time:)!

1 comment:

Katey said...

Look at you! Way to spotlight your family.

The CES fireside...totally awesome. I sure fire sign He is watching out for us :)

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.