Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Google Reader, by Katey

I hope my friend Katey doesn't mind, but I really liked this post she wrote and wanted to share it will all my blogger friends too...

"If you're not using google reader, you should be. I discovered it about a month ago and it's really helped me out when it comes to having all the blogs you read in one place . If you go here you can get started. It's pretty easy to use but it does take a few minutes to set up. You can subscribe to all the blogs you read (except the private ones) and they are all in one place for you to look at. Then when someone updates their blog it lets you know there is a new post.I'm following around 40 blogs these days and it was turning into such a tedious task to click on the link to each one of them to see if something new was posted. With google reader you go to one webpage that shows you all the blogs that have been updated. Then if you want to make a comment on the post, there's a little button you click that takes you to the actual post and you can comment away.I hope this is helpful to anyone who isn't using it. If you have trouble getting started, let me know...I'm here to help make the blogging world easier for all! Happy blogging! :)"

--Seriously, I've been using this for a few months and I love, love, love it! I don't ever have to click on blogs links and go through my list!

--Also, if you already have a gmail account, when you check your email you'll see a link at the top of the page that says "Reader," you just click there everyday to see who has posted and to add new blogs, click "add". You can make folders too! Good stuff I tell ya:)!

1 comment:

Katey said...

I don't mind one bit! People everywhere need to know about this greatness...keep spreading the word! :)

View Count

About Me

Life as it for Tiffany Finley is quite the revolving door, one activity ends and I’m back on the rebound, looking for something to spice it up! Live it up, I tell you! Although, those who know me well, know my limits of “living it up!” A whirlwind of terrible singing, dancing, playful banter, blunt responses, sweet and endearing but firm and serious remarks to children, speaking/slaughtering accents that I’ve spun from memory, are a just a few of my favorite things….I delight in waking to the sunrise, driving to an incredible place of work, where I am able to express my true self regularly! My students call me "Crazy. ” This is where the song and dance comes into play, whether we are learning about adjectives or writing our names on our papers, I’ve got a song and cheer for it all! I’m passionate about traveling and walking down narrow pathways. In my spare time, I enjoy taking walks in the park…I’ve been known to disappear in the dark of the night, only to be found on the swings. I also love to organize and re-organize, I can never quite get things right. I thoroughly enjoy people watching.